Visits to blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Thoughtful Review: Heaven Is For Real

For those who have read or have heard about Heaven Is For Real, please look at the following review by Tim Challies linked below. Here is some of the review:
If I wanted to disprove Colton’s experience on grounds of logic or consistency I might point in a couple of different directions. In the first place, Colton is a toddler who speaks like an adult. His verbatim quotes sound nothing like a 4-year old, and I think I can say this with some authority as the father of a 4-year old. I’d also point to the fact that dad routinely remembers circumstantial detail that there is very little chance he would remember 6 or 7 years after the fact, something that, at the very least, tells me that he is filling in details where he feels he needs to. But there are better grounds.

The better strategy, I think, is to look to the Bible....

http://www.challies.com/book-reviews/heaven-is-for-real

No comments: